主题: 中国人认为新加坡人是中国人吗?

Do the Chinese believe Singaporeans are Chinese?

答主:Bobby Chong, Lives in Singapore (1964–present)

I assume your question is referring to Singaporean Chinese.
我假设你的问题是关于新加坡华人的。

In Singapore not all Chinese though are the majority. There are other races too; Malay, Indian, Eurasian and others. The Chinese (China) know there are Chinese in Singapore call the overseas Chinese. Many Chinese migrate to Singapore because they know is easier to adapt in Singapore as a Chinese. And the Chinese have relatives in Singapore till today.
虽然华人在新加坡是主体民族,但新加坡不只有华人。这里还有其他民族:马来人、印度人、欧亚混血儿和其他人。中国的华人知道新加坡也有华人,他们被称为海外华人。许多中国人移居新加坡是因为他们知道作为华人在新加坡更容易适应。而部分中国人至今在新加坡还有亲戚。

Lee Kuan Yew is well received in China, and they know he is Chinese.
李光耀在中国有良好的形象,而他们都知道李光耀是华人。

So my answer is not they believe, is they know.
所以我的回答是,不是他们认为,而是他们知道。

Edit
编辑

I am asked by an elder Singaporeans a Hokkien. First he asked what's your dialect, my answer Hokkien, second he will asked which part of Hokkien? My answer Xiamen. Is the Chinese way.
有一个福建裔的新加坡老人向我提了问题。他先问我说什么方言,我说福建话,然而他就会问我,福建哪里?我回答厦门。这就是中国人的问法。

Shou Zhi Chew CEO of TikTok. He introduced himself a Singaporean to the Congress. FOX News call him Mr China. So what exactly is Chew? Well he is like any Overseas Chinese, same race different nationality.
Tiktok的CEO周受资。他向议会介绍说自己是新加坡人。福克斯新闻说他是中国先生。所以周到底是什么?好吧,他和任何海外华人一样,民族相同,国籍不同。

Answer from an Overseas Chinese.
一个海外华人的回答:

Example :-
例如:

QUESTION: Are You Chinese? ANSWER: I am Singaporean Chinese.
问题:你是华人吗?回答:我是新加坡华人。

QUESTION: But Are You Chinese? ANSWER: Yes my race is Chinese.
问题:但你是中国人吗?回答:是的,我是中华民族。

QUESTION: So You Are Not From China But You Are Chinese?
问题:所以不是来自中国但却是中国人?

ANSWER:Not all Chinese are from China, but our ancestors are from China same as our roots.
回答:不是所有华人都来自中国,但我们的祖先来自中国,我们的根也一样。

Singaporean Chinese is CHINESE.
新加坡华人是“中国人”。

Well miss ignorant there is one common, we are the same race, Chinese.
好吧,无知的小姐,这里的共同点在于,我们是同一个民族,中华民族。

单词表

assume v. 假设
race n. 民族
eurasian adj. 欧亚的
migrate v. 迁徙
relative n. 亲戚
receive v. 形成(印象)
dialect n. 方言

译自:https://qr.ae/pypnwy

时间:2023年3月28日

hyqinglan.net

回复: 中国人认为新加坡人是中国人吗?

Jeremy Loo

*A CONFUSED SOCIETY*
*一个混乱的社会*

F: You look Chinese.
甲:你看起来像中国人。

*S: I am a Singaporean.*
乙:我是新加坡人。

F: But you look Chinese.
甲:但你看起来像中国人。

*S: I am a Chinese Singaporean / I am a Singaporean Chinese.*
乙:我是华裔新加坡人,或者新加坡华人。

F: So do you speak Chinese?
甲:所以你说的是中文吗?

*S: Yes, but not fluent.*
乙:对,但是不流利。

F: But you are a Chinese.
甲:但你是中国人。

*S: I am a Singaporean Chinese, not Chinese from China.*
乙:我是新加坡华人,不是中国的华人。

F: So you are not a Chinese?
甲:所以你不是中国人?

*S: I am not Chinese from China.*
乙:我不是中国的华人。

F: But your great grandfather is from China?
甲:但你的曾祖父来自中国?

*S: Yes, but I was born in Singapore, so I am a Singaporean Chinese.*
乙:对,但是我出生在新加坡,所以我是新加坡华人。

F: So your great grandfather speaks Chinese?
甲:所以你的曾祖父说的是中文?

*S: He speaks dialect.*
乙:他说的是方言。

F: Do you speak dialect?
甲:所以你会说方言?

*S: No, I don't.*
乙:不,我不会。

F: Why not?
甲:为什么?

*S: Because our country has a Speak Mandarin campaign that is so successful that the new generation practically do not speak dialect anymore.*
乙:因为我们国家进行了一场讲普通话运动,它很成功,所以新一代人几乎不再说方言了。

F: So you should speak very fluent Mandarin since it's so successful?
甲:所以你应该能说非常流利的普通话,既然它很成功?

*S: No. That campaign was effective before, but not anymore.*
乙:不。那场运动再过去很有效,但现在不是了

F: Why?
甲:为什么?

*S: Because most people speak English nowadays. We have a Speak Good English campaign.*
‘乙:因为大多数人现在都说英语。我们搞了一场说好英语的运动。

F: So English is your National Language?
甲:所以英语是你们的官方语言?

*S: No!*
乙:不!

F: So what is the National Language of Singapore?
甲:所以新加坡的官方语言是什么?

*S: Malay.*
乙:马来语。

F: What?
甲:什么?

*S: Yes, Malay!*
乙:是的,马来语!

F: Do you speak Malay?
甲:你会说马来语吗?

*S: No.*
乙:不会。

F: Why not?
甲:为什么不会?

*S: Because I am not Malay.*
乙:因为我不是马来人。

F: Then why is your National Language Malay?
甲:那为什么你们的官方语言是马来语?

*S: That's another long history lesson.*
乙:这是另一个冗长的历史课程。

F: So your National Language is Malay and nobody speak it?
甲:所以你们的官方语言是马来语,但没人会说?

*S: The Malays speak Malay. That's their mother tongue. We have 4 races: Chinese, Malay, Indian and Eurasian. Each speaks their own mother tongue.*
乙:马来人会说马来语。那是他们的母语。我们这里有四种民族:华人、马来人、与印度人和亚欧人。每个民族都说他们自己的母语。

F: So your mother tongue is Chinese?
甲:所以你的母语是中文?

*S: Yes.*
乙:是的。

F: But you can't speak it fluently?
甲:但你说得很不流利?

*S: Yes.*
乙:是的。

F: Does the Malay or Indian speak fluent mother tongue?
甲:马来人或印度人能流利地说他们的母语吗?

*S: More fluent than the Chinese speaking Chinese I supposed.*
乙:应该比华人说中文更流利,我猜。

F: Why?
甲:为什么?

*S: Because that's their mother tongue.*
乙:因为那是他们的母语。

F: Then why can't the Chinese?
甲:那华人为什么不行?

*S: Because we speak English mainly in school.*
乙:因为我们在学校主要说英语。

F: I last heard that Singapore has a bilingual policy.
甲:我上次听说新加坡实行双语政策。

*S: Yes, we have, we do learn mother tongue in school.*
乙:是的,我们有这个政策,我们确实在学校里学习母语。

F: But you cannot speak Chinese fluently.
甲:但你无法流利地说中文。

*S: Yes.*
乙:对。

F: Why?
甲:为什么?

*S: Because our country's working language is mainly English, there is not much places to use the language, perhaps only with our grandparents and when we buy things in the market.*
乙:因为我们国家的工作语言主要是英语,我们没有什么场合来说中文,或许只有和祖父母交流或在市场买东西时能用到。

F: Then how is that bilingual?
甲:那么那个所谓的双语在哪?

*S: I don't know.*
乙:我不知道。

F: So you are a Singaporean Chinese who can't speak your National Language, and cannot speak your mother tongue fluently and can only communicate in English with a strange accent.
甲:所以你是一个既不会说你们国家官方语言,也不能流利地说你的母语,只能用一种有奇怪口音的英语来和别人交流的新加坡华人?

*S: What's wrong with my accent?*
乙:我的口音有什么问题?

F: I don't know, it is just weird.
甲:我不清楚,它就是有点怪。

*S: Does it sound British or American?*
乙:它听起来像英式的还是美式的?

F: Neither, I thought you should sound British since you have been colonized before?
甲:都不像,既然你们曾经是英国殖民地,我想你们应该用的是英式发音?

*S: No, that was long long time ago, dude.*
乙:不,那是很久很久以前了,哥们。

F: How come you try to sound American?
甲:你怎么会尝试发美音呢?

*S: Because I watch alot of Hollywood movies.*
乙:因为我看了很多好莱坞电影。

F: Your English still sounds weird.
甲:但你的英语听起来还是很怪。

*S: Oh, we call it Singlish.*
乙:噢,我们说这是新式英语。

F: So what are you really?
甲:所以你究竟是什么人?

*S: I am a Singaporean!*
乙:我是新加坡人!

hyqinglan.net