主题: 我和妻子离婚那点事

Dustin DuFault

My wife of 18 years had left me and filled for divorce. She was my high school sweetheart and I was devastated.
和我在一起18年的日子离开了我,我们离了婚。她是我从高中就深爱的人,离婚后我心如刀割。

I am a Christian and was hanging on to false hope that she would try to save our family at some point but she never would try anything - no therapy or anything, ever.
我是一个基督徒,所以我抱着虚妄的幻想,祈祷在某些方面,她会尝试拯救我们的家庭关系,但是她始终没有做过什么,破碎的爱情从来没有解药。

So, anyway, I was at my sisters wedding in Mexico and my mom (who has different values lol) was encouraging me to take my wedding ring off.
总之,当我在墨西哥参加妹妹的婚礼,我那有着和我不同价值观的妈妈,劝我把结婚戒指摘掉。

This was like over a year into the divorce and let’s just say my then “wife” had done a lot of unethical things in the divorce to take advantage of me.(this was like是什么句型,后面又为什么用祈使句)
离婚一年多了,我曾经的妻子做了很多关于离婚的不道德的事来利用我。

But: nevertheless I told my mom I was committed to wearing my wedding ring until the day the divorce was completed.
尽管如此,我告诉妈妈,我承诺会一直带这只戒指,直到整个离婚手续完成。(?什么婚离了一年,还准备再离一年?)

As I was saying that to her I was looking at and fumbling with the ring… and in that moment it literally broke off of my finger. Like the metal cracked!!
当我回答妈妈时,我一边看着戒指,仔细抚摸它…但是就在那一瞬间,它真的从我手指上折断了。就像金属断裂!

I took that as a sign that I should take it off and that my marriage was done, sadly. That was a couple years ago now. Definitely for the best.
我将这件事当做一个信号,这意味着我是时候去下它,并且在悲伤中结束我的婚姻了。那已经是两年前的事了。绝对是最好的。(最后一句是什么?)

单词表:
Christian n. 基督教徒 adj. 信基督教的; 基督教的; 基督教徒的
devastated vt. 毁坏;使荒芜
在感情上(精神上、财务上等)压垮
therapy n. 治疗,疗法
nevertheless adv. 仍然, 然而, 不过 conj. 尽管如此, 然而
fumble vt. 摸索;笨拙地做;[体育]漏接 vi. 摸索;笨拙地行动;漏球.n. 摸索;笨拙的处理;漏球
literally adv. 逐字地;照字面地 确实地,真正地