主题: 中国食物和日本食物有什么不同之处?

其一:
What are the differences between Chinese and Japanese food?

Feng Jiaxin

It might make more sense to compare “European cuisine” as a whole to Chinese cuisine rather than Chinese cuisine with Japanese.
在食物烹饪上,比起比较中国和日本的不同,欧洲和中国的差异更明显。

China has a far larger landmass and a greater cultural diversity than Japan which lends itself to a more diverse cuisine.
中国有着比日本更大的土地面积和更丰富的文化多样性,这使得中国拥有更多样料理方式。

Regional Japanese cuisine exists but the differences are very minor when compared to the stark differences you can observe between regional Chinese cuisines.
中国的烹饪方式在不同地区有很明显的差异,与其相比,日本料理地区间的区别虽然有,但是微乎其微。

The most divergent Japanese cuisines are the ones produced by the Ryukyuan and Ainu ethnic minorities.
区别最大的日料当属于琉球和阿努伊少数民族的料理。(?)

I always thought it was strange how Italian cuisine was more diverse than Japanese cuisine despite Italy being the smaller country in both land and population size when compared to Japan.
我一直很奇怪,为什么意大利在土地面积和人口数量上,都要比日本小,但是意大利的料理反而比日本更丰富?(意呆利比较享受?日本社畜多!)

I need to address that the highest rated answer to the question makes no sense.
我必须说明一下,这个问题的最高赞答案毫无道理。(666)

It characterises Chinese cuisine as being like “fire” — that it is spicy and uses high levels of heat to stir fry dishes.
它描述的是,中国料理以用火烹饪为特征,一道菜在大火高温下翻炒煎熟,再加以各种佐料最终出炉。

Stir frying has been around since the Han dynasty but it didn’t become mainstream until the Ming dynasty when fuel costs became affordable for the average person.
炒菜的技术自汉朝出现,但是直到明朝,燃料对于普通人也可以轻易获得时,它才成为主流。

回复: 中国食物和日本食物有什么不同之处?

其二:
Most Chinese dishes throughout history were cooked by submerging them in water and cooking them at a lower temperature.
在历史上,很多中国菜的做法是,把它们淹没在水里,在一个低温下煮熟。

The dishes were boiled, steamed, braised, stewed. Some Chinese cuisines like Anhui cuisine is still dominated by those cooking methods and stir frying is less common.
它可以是煮的,蒸的,烤的或者炖的。许多中国料理,比如安徽菜,依然是用这些复杂的烹饪方式,而很少是炒的。

The wok hei technique of using a ferociously strong flame is only found in certain Chinese cuisines (primarily Cantonese, which is the most famous Chinese cuisine to non-Chinese people).
以超大火烧菜的技术,只在有几种中国料理见到,(主要是广东,对于非中国人来说,粤菜也是最出名的中料)

You can find stir fries in Japan too, and there are Chinese ethnic minorities that don’t stir fry much at all.
你一样可以在日本见到炒菜,你也可以在中国见到,从来不炒菜的少数民族。

A lot of people believe that Chinese cuisine is more spicy hot than Japanese cuisine, and this a common stereotype that the Japanese themselves have of Chinese cuisine.
很多很认为,中国菜比日本菜加更多辣椒,同时在日本,这也是一种常见的刻板印象。

Certain Chinese cuisines have a lot of spice but the characterisation of Chinese cuisine as a whole to be hot is inaccurate.
某些中国菜确实会加入很多辣椒,但是如果总体地认为中国菜的特色是麻辣更多,这是不准确的。

There are many Chinese cuisines where hot spices are uncommon and even shunned because they cover up the so-called “original flavour” (原味).
有许多中国菜,并不会经常加辣椒,甚至会避开它们,因为它们会掩盖食材本身的味道。

This is particularly common in southeastern coastal China. My mother is from Kinmen in southern Fujian (ROC) where the people eat a lot of fried foods, congees, rice vermicelli, peanuts, sweet potatoes, and soups.
这在中国东南方沿海地区,是非常常见的。我的妈妈来自闽南的金门,那里人们吃很多油炸食物,粥,米粉,花生,红薯,和汤。

单词:
submergv.浸没,淹没,掩没
vi.潜水
steamed adj. 蒸熟的@动词steam的过去式和过去分词
braised 炖熟的;
stewed adj. 焦虑不安的;烂醉的;炖煮的
v. 用文火慢慢煨炖;使…焦虑不安(stew的过去分词)
stir n.轰动,搅动,监牢
vt.动,移动,摇动,激起,搅和,惹起
vi.走动,传播,流行
fry n.油炸食物,油炸锅,鱼苗,鱼秧
v.油炸,油煎
stir frying 炒菜
ferociously adv. 野蛮地,残忍地
Cantonese n. 广东人,广东话
spicy adj.加香料的,出产香料的,辛辣的,有风味的
stereotype n.[印]铅版,陈腔滥调,老套
vt.使用铅版,套用老套,使一成不变
shunned vt. 避开, 回避, 避免
cover up vt. 掩盖(隐藏, 包住)
southern Fujian  闽南
congee vi. 告别;鞠躬告辞 n. 粥;告别
vermicelli n. 细面条,粉条
sweet potatoes 白薯, 红薯, 甘薯

是全英文公粮!

hyqinglan.net

和月清岚 写道:

是全英文公粮!

来了!看阿胖一口气!

其三:They never eat anything too pungent and soup is especially important. There is even a saying for this “不湯不行” (this is one of my favourite Fujianese quotes, the other being “陳林半天下,黃鄭排滿街”).
他们从未吃过什么太刺激的食物,并且汤对他们来说无比重要。甚至有这么一句话:不喝汤不行。(这是我最喜欢的两句福建俗语之一,另一句是:不翻了自己看!)

My Kinmenese grandparents grew up impoverished and it was a custom to put a tablespoon of soy sauce into warm water to drink as “soup”. My maternal side of the family is, as a whole, highly spice averse.
我的金门人祖父母是穷苦人家长大的孩子,他们有一个习俗,把一汤勺酱油加进热水里,把它当作汤喝。我母亲那边的家族是,总的来说不反对加过多辣椒。

The spiciest Chinese cuisines are located within the “Spice Belt” region of China.
最辛辣的中国美食位于中国的“香料带”地区。

Starting from the 1980s there has been a “spice boom” in mainland China where people think “hotter is better” because migrants from the impoverished “Spice Belt” region (mostly Sichuanese people) have moved across China to look for work — opening up restaurants across the nation in the process.
从上个世纪80年代起,中国大陆掀起了“热就是好”的热潮,因为从穷苦的香料带-四川走出去的移民者,开始在大陆找工作,在全国各地开餐馆。

The intense spice of Sichuan cuisine was not a flavour most Chinese people living outside of the Spice Belt were used to.
川菜强烈的辣度,对于更多不居住于四川本地的中国人来说,不是一种常见的味道。

The spread of Sichuanese cuisine across China dethroned Cantonese cuisine as the most beloved regional cuisine among the younger generation and I have seen this trend spread into overseas Chinese communities as well.
对于年轻人来说,川菜的传播普及超过了粤菜,成为了他们最喜欢的地区菜。并且我也看到了这种趋势向中国沿海扩展。

Sichuanese restaurants are now quite common in the West and even many non-Sichuanese Chinese restaurants incorporate Sichuanese flavours and techniques.
再西方,川菜馆已经很普遍了,甚至很多非川菜中国餐馆,也合作售卖川菜风味的料理和技术。

Though most of these restaurants are not actually operated by Sichuanese people.
即使这些餐馆大多数并不是由四川人经营。

This is quite evident when the majority of them serve the Hong Kong style of dan dan mian which comes with a soup.
显而易见,当大多数人将香港担担面带汤一起售卖。

This type of dan dan mian is popular everywhere in China except Sichuan itself.
担担面将在中国各地流行,除了四川。

https://s3.bmp.ovh/imgs/2023/03/12/8f9b38c88e9dee08.jpeg

The original dan dan mian does not look like this!
最原始的担担面并不是这个样子的!

单词:
pungent adj.(指气味、味道)刺激性的,辛辣的,尖锐的,苦痛的,严厉的
impoverished adj. 穷困的,无力的,用尽了的
soy n. 酱油 大豆
sauce n.沙司,酱油,调味料
vt.调味,使增加趣味
migrant [ˈmaiɡrənt]
n.候鸟,移居者
dethrone vt. 废黜;废位赶出;罢免
evident adj. 明显的, 明白的

其四:
You would probably need over three hundred pages just to make sure you have mentioned every single regional and ethnic cuisine in China.
如果想要概括中国所有地区和民族的料理,你可能得到超过三百页的答案。

The PRC officially recognises 56 ethnic groups but ethnographers estimated the true number of distinctive ethnic groups to be around 200.
中国官方规定有56个民族,但是民族志学者估计真实的拥有文化差异的民族数量大约有200个。

A lot of people like to focus on the internal differences of the Han Chinese but the ethnic minorities of China have their own subgroups as well.
很多人热衷于关注汉族内在的不同,但是中国的少数民族也有内在的子群体。

Did you know Manchu people also live in Guizhou and the term “Miao” refers to a whole gamut of different Hmongic peoples?
你知道满族也住在贵州吗,知道苗,指的是不同区域的整个苗族吗?(什么东西!)

Another thing people think distinguishes Chinese cuisine from Japanese is that Japanese people will eat raw met whereas Chinese people will not.
另一件人们熟知的,区别日本饮食和中国饮食的方法是,日本人吃生肉,而中国人不会。

This is completely false. Eating raw meat is more common in Japan than it is in China but there are many Chinese cuisines that feature raw meat.
这是完全错误的。虽然比起中国,吃生肉在日本非常常见,但是中国也有许多料理以生肉为特色。

There was once a widespread custom of eating sliced raw fish in all coastal provinces, but now the practise is largely restricted to Guangdong.
曾经,在所有沿海省市有一种习俗,就是吃生鱼片。后来,只有广东保留这种习俗了。

The Bai people of Yunnan eat all sorts of pork cuts completely raw.
云南的白族吃所有种类的生猪肉切片。

This makes me a bit nervous because of how easily transmissible diseases can be in pork compared to most other types of meat.
这样让我有意者焦虑,因为比起其他类型的肉,猪肉传播疾病是难道容易。(?中国人吃的最多的就是猪肉来着!)

https://s3.bmp.ovh/imgs/2023/03/12/917feec3e6f54e12.jpeg

单词表:
PRC 中华人民共和国
ethnographer n. 民族志学者,人种学者
distinctive adj. 有特色的, 与众不同的
subgroup n. 小群;隶属的小组织 vt. 给…加副标题
gamut n. 全音阶;全音域;整个范围
Hmongic 苗族
widespread adj. 分布广的;普遍的,广泛的
sliced 刨切的
transmissible adj. 能传送的;能透射的;可传达的

其五:
In terms of dining etiquette, some of the customs that Japan adheres to now are actually customs they borrowed from China which then fell out of fashion in China but remained in Japan.
在就餐礼仪的方面,日本坚持至今的一些礼仪,实际上是他们从中国学习并传播保留下来的,而在中国,这种习俗已经过时了。

It has often been suggested that a major difference was that Chinese people sat on chairs as they dined while Japanese people sat on the floor.
最常见的两者主要差距的说法是,中国人坐在凳子上,日本人坐在地板上。

Well, sitting on the floor was actually the norm in China for most of its recorded history.
坐在地板上,实际上是中国历史上的今天标准礼仪。

Chairs become common among the upper classes during the Tang Dynasty and only reached the other social classes by the late Song Dynasty.
在唐朝以后,椅子在上层阶级流行起来,在宋朝末期,椅子普及到了其他社会阶级。

If you didn’t know already, Japan also has chairs now! And many Japanese people today sit on chairs to eat instead of the floor. Wow.
事实是,日本现在也有椅子。许多日本人现在也坐在椅子上吃饭,来代替坐在地板上。

https://s3.bmp.ovh/imgs/2023/03/12/5c7d1075e1f92156.jpeg

A Han Dynasty noblewoman from Sichuan in a traditional Chinese sitting position that involves kneeling, folding your legs underneath your thighs, and resting your buttocks on your heels. I’m glad we have chairs now.
这是四川出土的文物,一个汉朝贵妇做着传统中国礼仪姿势,她跪坐在大腿上,把先退折叠到大腿下,把臀部放在脚后跟。我真庆幸现在我们有椅子。

Chinese people today generally dine by sitting at a round table and sharing dishes yet this wasn’t the case in early Chinese history either.
如今,中国人用餐时,总是围坐在一张餐桌四周一同吃饭,在中国早期历史上却不是这样的。

The following image represents a set of tableware for individual use, reflecting the dining etiquette of the Han Dynasty.
下图展现的是个人使用的一系列的餐具,它所反应的是汉朝的餐桌礼仪。

单词表:
dining n. 吃饭,进餐
v. 吃饭(dine的现在分词)
etiquette n.礼节
noblewoman n. 贵族的妇女,贵妇人
thighs n. 大腿(thigh的复数形式)
buttock n. 臀部,屁股
image n. 形象, 概念 镜像, 影像, 图像 印象 酷似的人[物], 翻版 比喻, 引喻, 明喻 外形, 外表, 模样(就是除了形象还有图的意思)

其六:

https://s3.bmp.ovh/imgs/2023/03/12/3823abc0e3990014.jpeg

A lacquer tray, bowls, cups, and a pair of chopsticks were excavated from the Tomb of Lady Dai in Hunan province.
这是一套涂了漆的餐具,包括托盘,碗,杯子,一双筷子。它在四川的戴夫人墓中被挖掘出来。

Guests sat on the floor and did not sit around one large table, as they do today.
客人坐在地板上,而不是像今天,围坐在一张大餐桌。(倒装!)

Each person had their own low table on which a tray of vessels for food and drink was placed.
每个人都有一张矮桌,上面放着托盘,用来放食物和饮品。

There was a main dish consisting of a cooked grain known as “飯” (which was usually rice) with side dishes served alongside it.
主食是煮熟的谷物,被称之为饭(通常来说是米饭),而其他菜放在它旁边。

The colours black and red were highly valued by the Han Dynasty, so you will constantly see those two colours in Han-era art.
黑色个红色在汉朝是很高贵的颜色,所以你会经常在汉代艺术品里看到这件两种颜色。

I predict that this individual style of eating will make a comeback in China as dining alone becomes more popular and the extended family unit wanes in influence.
我预测,在单独用餐逐渐普及时,随着大家庭单位的影响力减弱,这种个人饮食方式将在中国卷土重来。

I can’t really describe what the “difference” between Chinese and Japanese food is supposed to be when I can’t exactly work out what “Chinese food” means in the first place.
我不能够描述,中国和日本食物的不同应该是什么,因为我不能确切地弄清楚中国食物首先意味着什么。

其七:
I personally include Taiwanese cuisine as a variety of Chinese food but many Taiwanese food writers hate this idea and legitimately believe that Taiwanese food is a completely separate entity.
我个人八台湾美食总结为,各种各样的中国食物,但是很多台湾食品吊员工讨厌这种说法,并且自然而然地觉得台湾食物是一个完全独立的整体。

I also think overseas Chinese cuisines like American-Chinese, Malaysian-Chinese, etc. could count as “Chinese cuisine” because they are either cooked by the Chinese diaspora or have their roots in Chinese cooking, but I am sure many mainland Chinese would consider them to be “foreign food”. (胖:diaspora好像有问题)
我也觉得海外中国美食,像美国华人,马来西亚华人食物等。也应该属于中国食物,因为他们要么也是被华侨华人烹饪的,要么起源于中国烹饪,但是我很确定很多本土中国人认为他们是外国食物。

Oh, and let's not forget that there's a Japanese-Chinese cuisine as well (most famous for ramen).
我们也不能忘记日本-中国式食物(拉面是最出名的)。(胖:?是这样吗)

The other answers mention you can find offal and insects in Chinese cuisine, as if offal and insects do not exist in Japanese cuisine as well.
其他回答里提到了中国食物里有动物内脏和昆虫,而日本食物不会存在这种东西。

The distinctions get muddied even further if you look at how many Chinese dishes and cooking techniques have been incorporated into Japanese cuisine and considered by the Japanese to be wholly “native” now.
如果你想探究有多少中国美食和烹饪技术已经和日本美食相结合,而日本人如今已经将其看做自己本土的食物,那么这些区别已经更加模糊了。

I am sure when a Japanese person thinks of a foreign beverage, they may think of something like a German beer, and not tea.
我很确定,当一个日本人思考外国饮料,她们会相反的是例如德国啤酒这样的,而不是茶。

单词
legitimately adv. 正当地,合理地
diaspora n. 离散的犹太人;犹太人的离散
ramen 拉面
offal n. 垃圾;碎屑;内脏;工业下脚
muddy adj. 泥泞的;模糊的;混乱的 vt. 使沾上泥;使污浊;把…弄糊涂 vi. 变得泥泞;沾满烂泥
beverage n.饮料