主题: 中国大陆人是这个星球上最坏的人吗?

Are mainland Chinese the worst people on the planet?

答主:Ismail Bashmori

I've never heard from any foreigner who went to China and reported, It's awful here, the people are so cold, rude and racist, dark–skinned people are treated like vermin, the police are brutal, the government controls everything, the infrastructure's crap, everything’s unbelievably expensive, the propaganda and poverty are insane, blah blah.
我从未听说任何去中国的外国人回报说:那里太可怕了,人们都很冷漠、野蛮和种族歧视,黑皮肤的人像害虫一样被对待,警察十分野蛮,政府控制着一切,基础建设像一坨大便,一切都贵得难以置信,政治宣传和贫穷无比疯狂,诸如此类。

Let me know when you do!
当你要这样说的时候请通知我!

Those who go to China expecting some dark and miserable totalitarian Communist dystopia are always taken aback.
那些为看痛苦和黑暗的共产主义极权反乌托邦而去中国的通常都会大吃一惊。

For the few Americans I know who actually went to China, their journey either reversed their misconceptions and made them pro–China, or it became a decision to remain in the country forever. For at least one or two China–dwelling Americans I've seen here, their quality of life was so enhanced that they scoff at their past life in the US.
对于极少数我所知的真正去过中国的美国人来说,旅行要么扭转了他们的错误观点而使得他们亲中,要么成为他们决定永远留在这个国家的契机。我在这里看到至少有一到两个常住装过的美国人,他们生活的质量都得到提升,这让他们嘲笑自己过去在美国的生活。

Not least for the fact that in China even most cops can't have guns, while in the US any secretly psychotic freak can publicly lug around with him the means to kill hundreds of people in minutes.
更重要的是,在中国甚至大多数警察都没有枪,而在美国任何不为人知的神经病都可以公开拖着能在几分钟内杀死数百人的武器。

单词表

awful adj. 极坏的,令人极不愉快的
vermin n. 害虫
brutal adj. 野蛮的
infarastructure n. 基础设施
crap n. 屎;废物
insane adj. 疯狂的
miserable adj. 令人痛苦的
totalitarian adj. 极权主义的
dystopia n. 反乌托邦
be taken aback 大吃一惊