主题: 为什么共产主义者会在中国内战中胜出?

Why did the Communists win the Chinese Civil War?

答主:Tom Chen, Lives in China.

You are an ordinary peasant under the rule of the Kuomintang.
假设你是国民党统治下的一个普通农民。

You are one of the 90% who only owns 20% of the land. If you encounter a bumper harvest year and luckily suffer no illness, you might survive. But if you encounter a famine or have a serious illness, you will certainly die.
你是总共拥有20%土地的90%人口中的一员。当你遭遇丰年并幸运地无病无灾,你也许能活下来。但如果你遇到的是饥荒,或者生了重病,你肯定会死。

Your landlord collects more than half of the land output from you every year, and the grain which hasn’t been sold out will be poured into the river to keep the price, even if at the same time you hopelessly watched your kids starving to death one by one.
你的地主每年征收你土地一半的产出,卖不出去的谷物会被倒进河里以维持价格,即使与此同时你正绝望地看着你的孩子一个接一个饿死。

Then one day, some communists come to your village, drive away or kill those landlords, distribute the land among people like you and teach your children to read and write.
于是某一天,一些共产主义者来到你的村庄,赶走或杀死了那些地主,把土地分给和你一样的人们并教你门的孩子读书写字。

So which side will you follow?
那么你会跟随哪一边?

单词表

encounter n. 遭遇
bumper adj. 丰硕的
famine n. 饥荒
starve v. 使饿死
even if 即使
distribute v. 分配

译自:https://qr.ae/prbNfr

时间:2017年5月15日

hyqinglan.net

回复: 为什么共产主义者会在中国内战中胜出?

Alexey Tereshchenko

A brilliant answer.
一个非常好的回答。

This is something people today seem not to understand.
有些事情今天的人们看起来没有理解。

In 1917, Russian masses were enthusiastic about Communists. Same goes for East Europeans in 1945. Today’s people. much more opulent than their grandfathers, tend to follow the opinion of the landlords of that time and start believing that Communism was forced on their grandfathers.
在1917年,俄罗斯民众对共产主义者充满热情。同样的事情发生在1945年的东欧。今天人们的生活比他们的祖父奢侈了太多,却倾向于认同当初地主们的观点,开始相信共产主义是被强加给他们的祖父的。

Apparently, Chinese know better.
显然,中国人懂得多。

单词表

brilliant adj. 非常好的
mass adj. 大量的
the masses 群众
enthusiastic adj. 热情的
opulent adj. 奢侈的
apparently adv. 显然

hyqinglan.net

胖震惊

和月清岚 写道:

Alexey Tereshchenko

A brilliant answer.
一个非常好的回答。

This is something people today seem not to understand.
有些事情今天的人们看起来没有理解。

In 1917, Russian masses were enthusiastic about Communists. Same goes for East Europeans in 1945. Today’s people. much more opulent than their grandfathers, tend to follow the opinion of the landlords of that time and start believing that Communism was forced on their grandfathers.
在1917年,俄罗斯民众对共产主义者充满热情。同样的事情发生在1945年的东欧。今天人们的生活比他们的祖父奢侈了太多,却倾向于认同当初地主们的观点,开始相信共产主义是被强加给他们的祖父的。

Apparently, Chinese know better.
显然,中国人懂得多。

单词表

brilliant adj. 非常好的
mass adj. 大量的
the masses 群众
enthusiastic adj. 热情的
opulent adj. 奢侈的
apparently adv. 显然

Irina Gabriela

You are right about the Chinese. I know in depth the situation that country was drawning in. The social, political and financial situation was really bad by the time the communism came. Thus the communist party was seen as those who save them. Thinking from this perspective, Mao is - indeed - a saviour, in spite of the mistakes he did. And, thinking about the losses he had in his personal life, I think he was really motivated and determined to get his country and his people out of the mud.
对于中国来说,你说的是对的。我深入了解过这个国家当时正被拖入的处境。当共产主义到来时,它的社会、政治和财政状况真的很糟。因此,共产党被视为他们的拯救者。从这个角度思考,毛确实是救世主,尽管他也犯了错误。考虑到他在个人生活中的损失,我认为他确实是积极地下决心要把他的国家和人民救出泥潭。

However, it is not the case of my country, Romania. My country truly loved its king.
然而,在我的国家——罗马尼亚——情况并非如此。我的国家真地爱着它的国王。

Communism came to us with tanks on the streets. That's what I know from my grandpas and great-grandparents who were never landlords, on the contrary. I was born during communism and I could never forget the cry of my great-grandmother who often used to caress an old coin (it had our last king's face on it) and pray in the only language she ever spoke, Csango: “Oh, Kiraly (k)om! Kiraly (k)om!” It means: Oh, my (little)king!
共产主义是随着街上的坦克来到我们这里的。这是从我的祖父和曾祖父母告诉我的,他们从来都不是地主,而是恰恰相反。出生于共产主义时期的我,永远忘不了我的曾祖母每每抚摸着一枚旧硬币(在它之上有我们末代国王的肖像)时发出的哭声,以及用她唯一会说的语言——昌戈语所作的祈祷:“Oh, Kiraly (k)om! Kiraly (k)om!”它的意思是:啊,我(幼小)的国王啊!

Mind you, all my great-grandparents were simple peasants. And despite their ethnicities (Hungarian, Csango, Polish and Romanian), they loved our Romanian king. And each of them despised communism.
要提醒你们的是,我的曾祖父母都是普通的农民。并且,不论你将他们划入哪个种族(匈牙利人、昌戈人、波兰人或罗马尼亚人),他们都爱我们的罗马尼亚国王。同时,他们都鄙视共产主义。

The thing is.. the situation was different from country to country.
所以说……国家与国家的处境是不同的。

单词表

in depth n. 深入细致地
be drawn in 被拖入
thus 因此
perspective n. 角度
in spite of 尽管
motivated adj. 有积极性的
contrary n. 相反面
caress v. 爱抚
ethnicity n. 种族划分
despise v. 鄙视

hyqinglan.net

pang 写道:

胖震惊

啊胖何故震惊!

hyqinglan.net

东欧和俄国人过去的吗

pang 写道:

东欧和俄国人过去的吗

这句话我竟没听懂!

hyqinglan.net

Foo Cheow Ming

My granddad was KMT. He told my dad this story, the only story passed down to me from my granddad. “When the peasants hear that a KMT army detachment is approaching the village, they will smear the faces of their wives with cow dung to make her unattractive so she won't be raped, hide his daughters inside old disused Wells, and Bury such little cash or valuables as they have under the pool of effluents (livestock shit stored as fertiliser). “ You figure out yourself why they did it. This is direct oral account from the mouth of a KMT member.

我的祖父是国民党。他告诉我父亲一个故事,而这也是从我祖父那流传到我这的唯一一个故事。“当农民们听说一个国民党军的分队正在接近村庄时,为了避免家人遭到强奸,他们会用牛粪涂抹妻子的脸,让她看起来没有吸引力,并把女儿藏到老旧的废井里,同时将仅有的少量现金和贵重物品埋进污水(贮存用作肥料的家畜粪便)池下。”你自己想想他们为什么要这么做。这是一则来自国民党党员之口的直接描述。

单词表

detachment n. 小分队
smear v. 涂抹
dung n. (动物的)粪便
disused adj. 废弃不用的
bury v. 埋藏
valuables n. 贵重物品
effluent n. 污水
livestock n. 家畜
fertiliser n. 肥料
figure out 想出
oral adj. 口述的