主题: 为什么中国人喜欢维护他们的独裁政府?

Why are Chinese people so fond of defending their authoritarian government?

答主:Katie Pedro, APAC Regional HR Dirctor at Marvell Semiconductors (2018–present)

A2A. I was prepared to pass the question because I don't sense the anonymous requester want a sincere answer. It is rather a statement. And I also being lazy about collecting all sort of offensive statement disguised as questions by bigots to show as examples on why people became defensive. But I decided to answer it briefly.
谢邀。我本来准备忽略这个提问,因为我没有感觉到这个匿名提问者想要一个真诚的回答。这个提问不如说是一句陈述。而且我也懒得收集各种各样由偏执者提出的,伪装成问题的冒犯性陈述,显得我就是他所谓“维护”的一个例子。但我还是决定简短地回答。

Because it is defendable. Many (not all) accusations are untrue, misinformed and ignorant. So Chinese people who think they know better about how they feel about their lives defend it.
因为它就是可以防御的。许多(并非全部)指控都是虚假的,充满误导和无知。因此那些认为冷暖自知的中国人就会出来防御。

Defending doesn’t mean being defensive. If your question is about why many Chinese are defensive, the answer lays what cause people became defensive. People became defensive because they feel being personally attacked. If questioners believe Chinese government is a tyranny and should be condemned, they should show sympathy to its people, isn't it logical? But what I saw in many questions are utter distaste and hatred toward the entire nation's people. It is hard not to put Chinese readers immediately in defensive position.
防御并不意味着变得充满戒心。如果你想知道的是为什么许多中国人充满戒心,答案在于究竟是什么激发了他们的戒心。人们变得戒备,是因为他们感觉受到了人身攻击。如果提问者们认为中国政府是一个应该受到谴责的暴政国家,他们就应该对其人民展现同情心才符合逻辑,不是吗?但我在许多问题里看见的是对于整个国家的人民的完全厌恶和仇恨。这很难不把中国读者们迅速推向防御性的立场。

Lastly, China is under constant vilification by some western media. In many people’s mind China and Chinese people are the default bad guy and basic assumption. It is assumed evil until proved to be not. So I found many Chinese assumes any criticism is an attack and react such, even though some criticism is justifiable. They nonetheless attack back.
最后,中国正持续受到某些西方媒体的污蔑。在许多人的印象里,中国和中国人就是默认和基本假设里的坏人。中国总是被假定为邪恶,直到它被证明不是。所以我发现许多中国人也假设一切批评都是攻击并以此回应,即使有一些批评是站得住脚的。尽管如此,他们依然攻击回去。

You see, why Chinese like to defend its government. It is not about the nature of the government. But about if people feel they are under attack or not. It is human nature and normal reaction.
现在你看到为什么中国人喜欢维护他们的政府了。这跟政府的类型无关,而是人们是否感觉他们受到攻击。这是人的本性和通常反应。

单词表

be fond of 喜欢
authoritarian adj. 独裁主义的
sense v. 感觉到
offensive adj. 冒犯的
all sort of 各种各样的
disguise v. 假扮
bigot n. 偏执者
briefly adv. 简短地
defendable adj. 可防御的
accusation n. 指责