主题: 作为一个在中国旅行的外国人,我会因为作出反政府表述而被扣押吗?

As a foreigner visiting China, could I be detained if I make anti-government statements?

答主:Katie Pedro, APAC Regional HR Dirctor at Marvell Semiconductors (2018–present)

A2A. Depending on how you make the anti-government statements. Making the statement to your friends? Who cares. Making the statement online, plenty already did, who cares again. Shouting your statement on the street? People will walk around you. If you cause enough commotion, maybe people will call police on you. Make an anti-government rally on the square with 500 people shouting with you? Maybe yes. Asking around how can you find likeminded anti-government people who you can pay to revolt against the government? Most definitely.
谢邀。这取决于你如何作出你的反政府表述。对你的朋友做这些表达?谁管你呢;在网上发表,许多人已经做了,谁又会在乎;在大街上吼出你的观点?人们可能会围着你看。如果你引起了足够大的骚乱,也许人们会叫警察来找你;举办反政府集会,并且在广场上找500个人和你一起大叫?那也许是会被扣;到处询问怎样才能找到可以被收买来发动叛乱的志趣相投的反政府分子?那简直一定了。

Kent DuFault

Thank you. In my mind… my question was geared toward having casual conversation with people met while visiting.
谢谢你。我本来的意思是……我的提问是为了和我旅行中遇到的人进行闲聊。

Katie Pedro

Then you might see your Chinese friend rant harder than you do.
那你可能会看见你的中国朋友抱怨得比你还大声。

Brett

Your concern should be more aligned with people seeing you in a bad light. Generally speaking you want to present as being extremely well studied before speaking, since there is a lot of weight put on “keep silent if you aren’t a subject matter expert.”
你更应该担心的是,人们可能会用不好的眼光看待你。一般来说你最好在开口说话前表现得进行过非常好的研究,因为有一句分量很重的话是“如果你不是某个问题的专家,那你最好保持沉默。”

单词表

detain v. 扣押
commotion n. 骚乱
rally n. 公众集会
likeminded adj. 志趣相投的
definitedly adv. 肯定
gear v. 使适合于
geared toward 针对……
casual  adj. 非正式的
rant v. 怒吼,大声抱怨
concern v. 担心
matter n. 课题,问题